Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nauvoo Pictures! Part one...

The AWESOME John Taylor District!

I'm so glad our covered wagon was a little more modern than this one! Although I came close to stopping our "wagon" on several occasions for some boys to have the REAL pioneer trek experience on the way to Nauvoo, our trip was quite pleasurable compared to walking all the way!


Our family picture outside the Nauvoo Temple. Unfortunately, getting the family into costumes in the morning for a picture without the sun in our faces was NOT an option.

Our little pioneer children! LOVE the costumes!!!

The princess pioneer in her pioneer wagon! The greatest $99 we spent for the trip was this garden cart from Lowe's! HOORAY for a very sturdy wagon this year!

A little Sunday evening peace with the most beautiful Nauvoo sunset... this was our best attempt at using the timer on the camera! Reese was so distracted by the fact that I ran to jump into the picture!

2 comments:

Ms. McKellips said...

I am soooooo glad you got to do this another year! What an awesome experience for the whole family. I know the children will remember these weeks with fond and happy memories. God Bless.

Jedi Craft Girl said...

I have been waiting to see your photos! I love them! I get goosebumps when I see those darling children dressed as pioneers. I want to know all about it.