Some days I really wonder what goes through the brain of an 11 year old and his mighty accomplices. What in the world would give them reason to think that it would be o.k. to buzz cut the backyard into their own personal bike / motorcycle trail??? This was not something we thought about when we let Tanner start cutting the grass this year. In a matter of minutes yesterday, our backyard went from being lush and green - which is extremely rare for August in the south - to a mess of burnt out paths all through the backyard. Who knew that he even knew how to lower the blades on the mower! The boys had also wrangled all their friends to come over and bring their bikes and had jumps etc. Mark was inside the house thinking that Tanner was just cutting the grass like he was asked and I was at the grocery store. You can only imagine the joyful comments our neighbors heard once we discovered their invention. If there was a silver lining.. at least it wasn't the front yard too. I can promise you that there would no longer BE any bikes or motorcycles to ride around here if that was the case!!! And this continues the saga of the JOY of BOYS.
Note: Picture was taken this morning... just one day after the cut. Yikes! It was a seriously hot day yesterday... there's no chance of that grass surviving... ahhh, yet another landscaping project. Grumble, grumble.
2 comments:
Hi, Well, what will think of next. You must admit, they are creative.
Their antics bring mirth to my soul!
Love, Nana
I know it's not my yard, but man I got a good laugh out of those pictures! SO funny!
Post a Comment